Forestry and Parks Committee
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings.
The most current minutes are presented as "unapproved" until they are approved at the successive committee meeting.
View Most Recent Agendas and Minutes
- Marguerite Sue Bocock, Member
- Ron Heikkinen, Member
- James Hintz, Member
- Dean Kurth, Member
- Sheryl Slaby, Member
Additional Committee Information
This committee shall consist of five (5) members appointed by the County Board Chairperson.
Roles and responsibilities of the committee:
1. Adhere to the operating policies and procedures of the county forest program as outlined in the 15 year Comprehensive Land Use Plan and according to applicable Wisconsin State Statutes.
2. Negotiate for the acquisition or sale of lands, establish and maintain a forest headquarters for housing of equipment and supplies, maintain a system of roads, and sell timber stumpage in accordance with the County Forest 15 year Comprehensive Land Use Plan.
3. Cooperate with the Department of Natural Resources on all matters pertaining to wildlife, fish, fire prevention, and forest management as outlined in the 15 year Comprehensive Land Use Plan.
4. Acquire, establish and maintain a system of county parks, forestry waysides, boat landings, picnic areas, nature trails, ski trails, snowmobile and ATV trails, shallow water wildlife dams (Bader Wildlife Area, Camp 5, Cranberry Creek and Kennan Wildlife Flowages and Tuscobia Trailhead Pond), special use areas, and other recreational opportunities on the county forest and other designated areas.
5. Prepare documents and take the necessary action to ensure the successful operation of the all-terrain vehicle programs.
6. Evaluate all requests for leasing of mineral rights on county forest lands and make recommendations to the County Board.
7. Review financial reports and approve monthly expenditures for the Forest and Parks Department.
8. The Forest and Parks Administrator shall act as agent and coordinate all activities and directives on behalf of the Forestry and Parks Committee.
9. Keep informed on issues regarding County forest and park activities and function as a conduit for issues requiring County Board action.