Property Tax Payment Information
Tax Payments to Price County
1. By mail to: Price County Treasurer, 126 Cherry St Phillips, WI 54555
2. In Person: Room 105, Mon - Thursday 8:00 am - 4:30 pm, Friday 8:00 am - Noon
3. Drop box located on building near handicap parking in parking lot
4. Online through Point and Pay Pay Price County
Pay Price County Treasurer for:
- Delinquent taxes Delinquent Tax Listing with Interest-Penalty through 9.30.2023 (pdf)
- All tax installments for towns of Fifield, Flambeau, Ogema, Worcester, Georgetown, Harmony & Village of Catawba
- 2nd Installment after February 2 for 2-installment municipalities 2nd Installment due by Municipality Lists
- Pay Price County with Point n Pay
Point n Pay charges & retains a convenience fee of $1.50 for E-Check, 2.39% for Credit card, $3.95 Visa Debit
- January 31 - Pay in Full or 1st half taxes postmarked by January 31
- April 30 - Pay 2nd installment for multiple installment municipalities to municipality postmarked no later than April 30
- July 31 - Pay 2nd installment taxes to Price County Treasurer postmarked no later than July 31
- Link to Postponed (April & July installments due)Taxes Due List by Municipality Postponed Taxes due by Municipality
MULTIPLE INSTALLMENT Tax Payments (3 installments)
ONLINE PAYMENT LINKS for Multiple Installment Towns
ALL CURRENT year taxes (Dec - July) payable to the town/city/village treasurer for:
Towns of Emery, Lake, Village of Prentice & City of Phillips
- 1st Installment – 25% due January 31
- 2nd Installment – 25% due April 30
- 3rd Installment – 50% due July 31
- All Real Estate Taxes under $100, MFL, Personal Property Taxes, Special Assessments/charges are due January 31
- Alternative Option 1: Pay taxes in full by January 31
- Alternative Option 2: Pay 50% of taxes by January 31 and 50% by July 31. (when using this option add January and April stubs together to insure correct payment)Failure to do so may result in a delinquency status due to payment being short.
- 1st installment - 10% due January 31
2nd installment - 40% due April 30
3rd installment - 50% due July 31
PAYMENT is TIMELY when:
- Mailed in a properly addressed envelope
- Postmarked on or before the due date of January 31, April 30 (3-installment towns), July 31, postage prepaid or paid online
- Received by proper treasurer(in hand) within 5 days after the due date of January 31, April 30 (3-installment towns), July 31.
- Online payments initiated by January 31, April 30 (3-installment towns) & July 31 with credit card, debit card and E-check . It takes 3 days for payment to arrive at the bank (in our hands).
- If you choose to use your bank's BILL PAY option, be aware that these checks are mailed from out of state by third party processors without a postmark. The confirmation information from the bank is not acceptable proof of a timely payment. We must have an envelope with a postmark or letter from the post office to prove the payment was mailed by January 31 & July 31st and a postal delay is responsible for late payment per WI Statute 74.69
- Payment must be received within 5 business days of January 31, April 30 & July 31 to be considered timely.
WI Stats 74.69(1) states "Whenever any one of the due dates is missed, the entire remaining balance becomes due subject to interest & penalty calculated back to February 1 at the rate of 1.5% per month until tax is paid".
- Pursuant to Wisconsin Statute Section 74.47, interest and penalty of 1.5% per month on the whole unpaid balance until paid and will be charged from February 1 regardless of when tax becomes delinquent. Option to pay in installments is lost.
* When making payment online or postmarking envelope after February 2, May 2 or Aug 2 payment will not be received timely (within 5 days of due date) and will be considered delinquent - subject to interest and penalty at the rate of 1.5% per month.
February interest is 1.5%, March 3%, April 4.5%, August 10.5% etc. WI Stat 74.47, 74.11(11), 74.12(10)
- Tax bills are mailed by the town, city & village treasurers by December 15th.
- Per Wisconsin State Law, failure to receive a tax bill does not relieve owner of liability.
- Please call or email as soon as possible if you do not receive your tax bill.
- It is the responsibility of the owner to notify the treasurer of address changes.
- Include Tax ID # or "tear-off" stub with payment to ensure payment is properly applied
- To receive a copy of tax receipt, include a stamped, self-addressed envelope with payment
- No refunds for overpayment of $5 or less
- Delinquency notices are mailed twice each year in March and September
If real estate taxes remain unpaid for 2 years from time of Issuance of Tax Certificate September 1, Price County Treasurer will begin the In Rem Foreclosure process starting with the publication of the 2nd year taxes in the Price County Review newspaper the first week of April. Title searches start in December following April publication, title search fee will be added to taxes.
In Rem Tax Deed
Pay Town-City-Village online for 1st Installment/Full Payment for Current Tax Year
Fees apply : eCheck $1.50, VISA debit - $3.95 Credit Card - 2.39% -3%
MUNICIPALITY LINK to Pay Online
Town of Catawba Pay Town of Catawba Dec - July
Town of Emery Pay Town of Emery Dec - July
Town of Eisenstein Pay Town Eisenstein Dec & Jan
Town of Elk Pay Town of Elk Dec & Jan
Town of Fifield Pay Town of Fifield online
Town of Flambeau Pay Town of Flambeau
Town Georgetown Pay Town Georgetown online
Town of Harmony Pay Town of Harmony online
Town of Hackett Pay Town of Hackett Dec & Jan
Town of Kennan Pay Town of Kennan Dec & Jan
Town of Knox Pay Town of Knox Dec & Jan
Town of Lake Pay Town of Lake Dec - July
Town of Ogema Pay Town of Ogema Online