- Your Government
- Committees, Boards & Commissions
- Executive Committee
Agendas are available prior to the meetings.
Agendas & Minutes
The most current minutes are presented as "unapproved" until they are approved at the successive committee meeting.
View Most Recent Agendas and Minutes
- Alan Barkstrom, Chairperson
- Brian Ernst, Member
- Jeff Hallstrand, Member
- Paula Houdek, Member
- Larry Palecek, Member
Additional Committee InformationThe membership of the Executive Committee shall consist of five (5) County Board supervisors. One is the County Board Chairperson and another is the County Board Vice-chairperson, of which the County Board Chairperson will be the committee Chairperson and the County Board Vice-chairperson will be the committee Vice-chairperson. The other three members are elected by the County Board. The term of the committee members begins with the Organizational Meeting in April of the election year and lasts for two years.
The Executive Committee shall meet once a month or as deemed necessary by the committee Chairperson.
The Executive Committee's primary responsibility is to supervise all financial matters of the county and control expenditures so they fall within the authorized budget's limitations.
Roles and responsibilities of the committee:
- Oversee all insurance and bond coverage within the county government, excluding health insurance and workers’ compensation insurance.
- Approve or reject any or all vouchers as submitted to the committee for approval at each meeting.
- Review the annual budget prior to presentation to the County Board for approval and provide guidance to the County Administrator for budget development.
- Monitor reports provided by the County Administrator regarding monthly budget compliance.
- Act as committee of jurisdiction for the following offices.
- County Administrator
- County Clerk
- County Treasurer
- Register of Deeds
- Contingency Fund
- County Board