The Sheriff's Office will conduct property checks, at the request of the property owner, when the owner will be out of town for an extended period of time. (No minimum time is required, although typically when the owner is gone for a week or more.) Property checks will be performed on a random basis for a period of up to 90 days. There is no guarantee as to the minimum number of times a property will be checked. All checks of the property will be documented at the Sheriff's Office.
Anyone interested in requesting a Property Watch should contact the Sheriff's Office at 715-339-3011, to provide the following information:
- Address of the property to be watched.
- Contact numbers for the property owner and at least one local caretaker, if possible.
- A list of vehicles that will be at the property.
- Any lights that will be left on at the property.
- A list of people with permission to access the property, their vehicle and contact information.
- The duration of the request.
- Any other pertinent information that may be beneficial for Law Enforcement officers to be aware of.